Home nursing has become an essential service for elderly people who suffer from various diseases throughout the world. Even patients and physically or mentally disabled people also need services of home nursing in Perth. It is essential to get a relevant designation in this reputed profession as a caregiver you must have proper qualifications as well as training. Apart from that you should have a caring heart and must be ready to serve other individuals and humanity.
A caregiver works on the paid and unpaid basis for helping others who perform the activities which are related to the daily living. This is the need of the hour for all the impairments which are related to disability, mental disorder, old age or any other disease. The individual who works for home nursing takes care of the people who suffer from chronic illness and also manage their medications. Talking to the doctors and nurses is also the part of your profession and you have the basic paramedical knowledge also.
Available Aged care Courses Perth
Certificate III in Individual Support Perth: Certificate III is the individual support courses for aged care which is one of the basic Aged care disability courses designed for equipping you with the skills which are needed for providing the support and care for the elderly people for enabling them to lead the independent and the dignified life. Certified 3 aged cares is best suited for the people who are wishing to make the entry in the community health and support care services industry. It is also equally suitable for those professionals who are already working in this sector and wishing to enhance their skills and knowledge in this area through the structured qualifications and courses. During this certificate III in the aged care, the workers are following the individualized plan for providing and supporting care to the disabled and old people in the residential and community setting.
Entry Requirement: Entry requirement for this Aged care short course is as follows:
Education: There are no fixed formal entry requirements for this course. There are many requirements of any particular academic degree.
Age: Applicant should be at least 16 years of age. The applicants who are below the age of 18, then the enrolment form for the course must be signed by the guardian or parent.
6 core + 2 Elective = 8 Modules
- Facilitating the empowerment of older people
- Recognize the healthy body systems
- Providing individual support
- Meeting the personal support needs
- Working ethically and legally
- Communicating and working in health or community services
- Providing support to the people who are living with dementia
- Following the safe working practices for the direct care of the client
- Working with diverse people
- Supporting the wellbeing and independence
- Providing a home and community support services
- Supporting the relationships with families
- Facilitating the responsible behavior
- Assisting the clients with medication
The Certificate III in the individual support is providing the employment opportunities in the following roles:
- Assistant in Nursing
- Caring of Aged worker
- Aiding and Caring
- Personal Care Assistance
- Community care worker
- Support worker
- Residential care officer
And many more
Certificate 4 in aged care
If you are looking for enhancing the career in aged care accreditation course then the aged care then cert 4 aging support is the best choice for you. This course will help you in hone your skills in aged care to the next higher level thus this will assure you the rewarding career in the nursing and health care industry. You will be getting the opportunities to showcase your leadership skills and there would be limited responsibility of the organization’s supervisory roles too. It involves working at a specialized level and learning the legal as well as ethical standards of Perth’s health care industry. After this course, it is mandatory to complete at least 120 hours of work placement in the industry of health service.
Entry criteria: there is no degree which is prerequisite. But applicant should have certificate III in individual support with all its core units passed. The applicant must be of 16 years of age or above.
There are 11 core modules and 4 electives as mentioned below:
- Providing service to aged people with complex needs
- Give support for specific needs of dementia
- Give support for personal care needs
- Facilitate individualized plans
- Advocate for clients
- Provide interventions to aged people that have a risk of falls
- Facilitate links with other services
- Coordinate information systems
- Contribute to the process of WHS
- Undertake some administrative work
- Knowledge and application of first aid
- Establish and maintain good workplace information and relations
These are the different courses available if you want to make a career in the field of old age care industry. It is a lucrative career with good pay and many career possibilities.