TurboTax is tax computing software that helps us to prepare and analyze our tax structure. It eventually helps us to present our tax structure systematically. TurboTax is user-friendly and easy to use for everyone. You can take the help of the TurboTax to file your tax return, and that too without any chaos. There are many benefits of using the software. The users of TurboTax are well-aware of the various factors that are beneficial, or that is problematic for us. Unfortunately, TurboTax is not immune to multiple problems or errors. If you are facing a severe issue, you are supposed to find out the solution.
Some issues could be manually tackled by following the various steps and methods. On the other hand, some problems demands important assistance of the various experts and technicians. In case, you are unable to fix the issue you are supposed to contact the experts and technicians for their significant help or assistance. You must be well aware of the fact that once you inform the experts about your issue, within no time, they would solve all your problems.
What if we want to amend a tax return online for free in TurboTax?
The answer to this question is ‘Yes.’ You must know that if you want to amend a tax return in TurboTax, you do not have to pay. It does not cost to amend a tax return in TurboTax. Alternatively, you should always keep in mind that you are supposed to amend taxes as far as 3 years back. An important note regarding the amending of a tax return is all that all the amended tax return should be mailed. If you want to amend it, you are required to mail it. So, if you want to know the steps for TurboTax amended state return, you are supposed to follow the steps that are enlisted-below.
Steps for TurboTax Amended State Return
- If you are not signed in, you are supposed to sign in your TurboTax account
- In the tax year section of 2016, click on the amend return option
- You are supposed to click on the amend using TurboTax online
- Thereafter, you must click on the continue on the amend your return screen
- After you are done with the above steps, click on the amend your return
- As soon as you are done, click on the amend your mail return, because the amended return can’t be e-filed
What if I want to amend a Tax return of previous years in TurboTax?
If you want to amend a tax return of the previous years in TurboTax, there are options too. At first, you are supposed to check that you really need to amend your 2015 tax return, check if 2015 tax return was accepted or filed in your TurboTax timeline. After that, you are supposed to follow the steps that are given below. If you want to amend previous year’s Tax Return, you must follow a few steps.
- You are supposed to log in or sign in TurboTax; you used in 2015 to file your return
- After the first step, you are required to click on the ‘load my tax timeline’ which you would find in the right corner
- Then, you must tap or click on the 2015 tax year on your timeline
- Click on change or amend 2015 return
These are the steps you are supposed to follow to amend your tax return. In this blog, we have discussed the steps to amend it for three years and thereafter steps to amend its previous years. You are supposed to follow al the onscreen steps to fix all your problems. If you are facing any issue, your first attempt should be to fix it or tackle it manually. In case, the steps are not efficient, you can contact the TurboTax support number. The engineers and technicians are present 24*7 to fix all your problems.