Hip-hop is a dance style that came into existence in the 1970s in the Bronx region of New York City. It is one of the most popular dance forms in the international dance community. Hip hop is an ever-evolving dance form. There are several hip hop dance styles.
Many dance lovers are aiming at turning their passion into a full-fledged career. More and more ardent dance lovers are joining dance academies to learn this dance form. But, those who cannot afford to join a dance institution or do not have enough time to go to an academy regularly can learn hip hop from within the comfort zone of their home.
Danssup, an innovative dance app, provides hip hop dance lessons online. Also, it has some other features too. For instance, it can provide lessons for dance fitness online. You will also get to know about various dance events and job opportunities.
Let’s have a look at the various hip hop dance styles:
- B-Boying: It is the first-ever style of Hip hop. It involves upright moves, acrobatic power moves, and intense footwork. Dancers use an unusual move called Freeze in between to add a pause to the rapid dance form.
- Funk: It is a perfect concoction of Soul and Disco. The dancers use a mixture of sharp and fluid movements. Choreographers also prefer to incorporate popping and locking in this dance style.
- Locking and popping: This style incorporates two different styles. Popping and locking go hand in hand. Popping involves a lot of bounce while locking involves sharp pauses, swift movements, over the top gestures, etc.
- Lyrical: It is a unique hip hop style that tells a story by danci8ng to the lyrics of the audio.
- Boogaloo: It involves fluid dance movements like rolling of head, knees, and hips.
- Stepping: As the name suggests, this style involves steps like stomping, clapping, slapping, etc. to create percussive beats.
- Reggae: It is the perfect amalgamation of sensuality and traditional hip hop movements.
So, if you too have a passion for learning these different hip hop styles, then you can use Danssup, the dance app that provides hip hop dance lessons online. Be a pro and feel like you are a part of the hip hop international dance community. Danssup can also help those people out who want to learn about dance fitness online. Also, you can discover several dance events and job opportunities near you. So, keep dancing and keep learning with Danssup!