If you are looking to increase sales of a restaurant then adding a restaurant bar is a great initiative. It is a great way of increasing sales because people love spending time a bar. It offers them a perfect opportunity to relax. It will help in broadening the criteria of potential customers.
If you are looking to add a bar, make sure that it is a good one. A bar should have all the essential equipment like beer fridges, back bar coolers, ice cube maker, etc. but that is not enough. An exceptional bartender is critical for good sales. The bar customer service plays a crucial role in attracting clients and earning good profit. Here are a few important things that a good bartender needs to know.
Understanding Basic Bartending Rules:
There are certain basic rules of bartending that every bartender should be aware of. If you are training a bartender then you need to start with the rules. If someone is having a problem with the basic rules then they are not the right choice.
Here Are the Basic Rules:
- The bar is like a stage because everyone’s eyes are on the bartender. It is the bartenders’ job to keep the customers entertained and satisfied. They also need to maintain professionalism while entertaining the clients.
- They should refrain from becoming too intimate with the guests because it is not professional.
- Good education of everything that the bar is serving. When a customer’s orders a drink, make sure that you can give them exactly what they offer.
- Practicing is essential. The best thing about great drinks is attention to the details. Practicing ensures that a bartender is well-versed on all the important details of great drinks.
- It is important that a bartender is neat and organized and can manage to run an orderly even during rush hours.
- A bartender should also know the best way to dress the part. They need to pay special attention to hygiene and make a good impression on the customers.
Understanding the basic rules lays the foundation of a good bartender. An impressive bartender is going to bring a lot of business to the bar.
Ability to Run Fast Service:
A bartender should be able to offer fast service. If you have a slow bartender then you will quickly lose clients and money. People do not like to wait too long for their drinks. To improve the speed of the bar service makes sure that the bar staff is trained properly.
Putting things back in their place should be a part of their training. They should also practice a lot so they do not mix up drink orders. Make sure that are trained to deal with the surge of drink orders. The service should be quick and consistent.
Good People Skills:
Talking with the clients is a great way of creating a good impression on the customers. Bartenders should chat with customers especially when the business is slow. It will help in creating connections. Bartenders should be good listeners and make sure that they know how to maintain a professional distance.