When we talk of the advantages of Smart Tv, the image quality is the first thing which comes to our mind. And image quality is defined by the resolution of the Smart Tv. Any increase in the resolution results in a clearer, sharper, precisely defined and detailed picture quality; this imparts a lifelike quality to the picture thereby impressing the viewer with its colour, contrast and auto-adjustable brightness.
Today Smart TVs come with many different terminologies based on the technology they are adapted to. These terminologies might seem difficult for a layman to understand but they are actually variations of the resolution of the Smart Tv like:
- HD ready TV or the hd TV India wherein the image resolution is of about 1366 X 768 pixels,
- FHD or full HD having a resolution of 1920 X 1080 pixels and
- UHD or Ultra HD of 4K which has the highest resolution of 3840 X 2160 pixels.
- QLED Tvs are actually based on the Quantum Dot Technology. The Quantum Dot Technology consists of nano sized particles which transform light into colour. This technology is mainly used for brighter whites and darker blacks.
Clearly as stated earlier, the image quality gets better and better from HD TV to FHD Tv and is the best in UHD Smart Tv. The clarity of the image quality is because of the pixels present per inch of the viewing screen. With UHD having the highest Pixels per inch or PPI, it is used in the larger Smart TVs which make it easier for people to sit closer to it yet enjoy a crisp, brightly coloured and precise picture.
Thus the price of the Smart Tv also differs with its resolution. Thus higher the resolution, the more will be the price of the same. It is; however, always advisable to opt for an UHD if the budget permits since there is a huge difference in the picture quality between an FHD and an UHD. But when planning to buy a Smart Tv on a shoestring budget, the latest hd tv is the best bet.
Some important points which need to be kept in mind when buying a Smart Tv are:
- Size of the Smart Tv: Available panel sizes for smart TV are 32 inches, 40 inches, 42 inches, 46, 49 inches and 55 inches. The selection depends on the viewing distance or the distance between the placement of the TV and the space from where it is to be viewed. Generally speaking for a :
- 32 inch TV the viewing distance should be about 4 to 6 ft.,
- For a 40 or 42 inch Tv it should be 5 to 8 ft.,
- For 46 or 49 inches, 6 to 9 ft. and
- Any distance more than 8 ft. is enough for a great viewing experience on a 55 inch Tv.
- Expenses involved: Generally speaking a Smart Tv is relatively much more expensive than a standard definition or SD television because:
- The operating system comes preloaded in a Smart Tv,
- It can be connected to the internet,
- Additional apps as well as games can be installed in it and
- It delivers a much better overall viewing user experience.
- Placement: This is the deciding factor for the panel attachments that come along with the Smart Tv. These TVs generally come with a stand for placing it on the ground. In case someone wants to wall mount it, the wall mounting bracket needs to be purchased separately.
Other factors like audio output, brand, connection ports, internet availability etc., also have some influence on the type of Smart Tv selected for purchase. Thus they too should be given their proper due so as to purchase a Smart Tv which offers value for money.