Bright in flavor with a light pink color, these cupcakes will cheer you up. Share some with your friends!
I really wanted to make a pink lemonade cupcake from scratch. I try not to use boxed cakes. I finally figured out something that I love!! Its so bright and wonderful. Then I altered topping that I found here, for my cupcake. I didn’t have some of the ingredients, so I improvised and it came out great! Enjoy!
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (at room temp.)
- 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar (200 grams)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- The zest of 1 Large Lemon
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Teaspoons Maraschino Cherry Juice
- (red food coloring for pink color)
- Topping :
- 16 oz. Whipped Topping (Lite)
- Juice from 1 whole lemon
- 1/4 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Combine butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well in between.
- Beat in vanilla and lemon zest. Add red food coloring, as much as desired.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and then add to the batter. Now in a small bowl combine lemon juice and Maraschino Juice. Add slowly to batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until toothpick come out clean. Note: they will look pink and spongy on top.
- This will make 20 big cupcakes or 1 9-inch pan.
- Combine Whipped Topping and Powder Sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add in vanilla, cream of tartar and lemon juice. Combine really well.
- Once combined put mixer on high and whip until stiff.