- Introduction about Roadrunner Email and Timer Warner Cables(TWC):
The Roadrunner email services are available only to the users of Time Warner Cable Internet. Users with Time Warner accounts access to the email would be restricted and they are allowed to access online via any browser or with the help of an email client. The early name of Time Warner’s broadband Internet access was known as
Roadrunner high speeds Internet and was used on a regular basis by the Warner Bros.
Roadrunner email accounts would be abbreviated by the city name or region somewhere in the email address. Since 2012, the service has been rebranded by naming it TWC-Timer Warner Cable’s Internet. Warner Bros is no longer directly affiliated with the Time Warner Company. Roadrunner name for its internet service, now called Spectrum Internet.
- Time Warner Cables:
TWC was an American cable television company that was bought by Charter Communications on May 18, 2016. In 1962, the company was established. It was placed 2nd position as one of the largest cable service providing company in the US and falls behind a little with revenue as that of COMCAST (One of the largest broadcasting and cable television companies). The TWC operates in 29 states. The corporate headquarters were located in the Time Warner Centre in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, with other cities such as North Carolina, Stamford, Connecticut; Charlotte, and Herndon, Virginia.
- Transitions that took upon Time Warner Cable’s Company [Year-Wise breakings]
- From 1971 to 1981 TWC was known as Warner Cable, owned Dimension Pictures ( A film studio existed in the 1970s).
- It was under the control of Warner Communications, and then it was taken over by Time Warner Media.
- From 2009 to 2016, TWC completely became independent and continues to use Time Warner name under the license
- (Including “Roadrunner” as its internet service, now named “Spectrum”).
- In 2014, Comcast proposed to purchase the company for $45.2 billion however various opposition groups were not ready to give over Comcast, so they called off the deal in April 2015.
- In 2015 May 26, Charter Communications announced that it would acquire Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks for $78.7 billion and $10.1 billion deal respectively.
- In 2016 May 18 Charter Communications took over completely on TWC. The operation of the company continues as per TWC however the company name has been rebranded as “Spectrum” in the market.
- To create a new email subaccount:
Please follow the below 7 steps:
- STEP 1: Place your mouse cursor over the Roadrunner “Help” button present at the top right corner of the Roadrunner homepage. Now click on “RR Self Care”.
- STEP 2: Now login to your RR email login Select your preferred language, enter your complete Roadrunner service email address and enter the password. In the last box, enter the text as displayed in the confirmation image and click” login”.
- STEP 3: You get an option Create New Sub User, click on it.
NOTE: This option will only be displayed if you have not already used all 5 of your user accounts.
- STEP 4: Now enter the user name followed by your first and last name. After that you fill that given password field with your suitable password. To confirm it re-enter the password.
- STEP 5: To create the user account, click on the Create New Sub User As soon as the confirmation screen shows, click the “Return to User Management” link.
- STEP 6: Click on Enable User, which should appear next to the user account you have just created. Now enable the radio button followed by the “Update” button.
- STEP 7: Now click Return to User Management and verify that the new user account is now listed as enabled.
- Access your Rr.com (Roadrunner/TWC) Account from an Email Program using IMAP/SMPT/POP:
This section talks and provides the steps about Roadrunner Email Settings over a program IMAP/SMPT.
Before we get on to the steps part let us understand what is IMAP AND SMPT.
Every server would be having protocols and these two are one among them. These two protocols are required for the mechanisms of sending and receiving the email messages.
- SMTP – Simple Mail Transfer Protocol:
- It is the protocol for sending emails whether it is from the clients or in between servers for propagating the email towards the intended destination.
- It is used by the client to send emails to a server but it is also used by servers to push the email to another server
- IAMP – Internet Access Message Protocol:
- It is a protocol that deals with managing and retrieving email messages from the server. You would be using both protocols if you are using email.
- It is used only between two client servers who are retrieving the emails and the servers where the emails are stored.
- It is only one of the many protocols for retrieving email, another one is POP. These two are the most popular protocols and frequently used for retrieving email with
- It is being the more powerful of the two.
- POP – Post Office Protocol:
- It is an application-layer Internet standard protocol used by e-mail clients to retrieve e-mail from a mail server.
- POP3 (version 3) is very which is commonly in use.
If you are thinking why these are important, then the answer is under the Roadrunner email settings we need to check and configure the mail server. So, since we are now familiar with these 3 protocols it would be easy to understand to know about the Roadrunner email settings.
- com (Roadrunner/TWC)
- IMAP Server – mail.twc.com
- IMAP port – 993
- IMAP security – SSL / TLS
- IMAP Username – Your full email address
- IMAP password – Your Rr.com password
- com (Roadrunner/TWC)
- SMTP Server – mail.twc.com
- SMTP port – 587
- SMTP security – STARTTLS
- SMTP username – Your full email address
- SMTP password – Your Rr.com password
All these above protocols need to be checked once under Roadrunner Email settings.
- iPhone Setup:
To make the setting on your iPhone and iPad, please follow the below steps.
- STEP 1: Go to Settings on your device
- STEP 2: Next, select Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Other
- STEP 3: Select Add Mail Account and then put in the following details
- Enter a name
- Address: email@example.com
- Description: Roadrunner Mail ( Enter Name that displays in your Account list on the iPhone)
- STEP 4: Tap Next and then for Incoming Mail Server, fill it thus:
- Incoming Mail Server Host: pop-server.ec.rr.com
- User Name: username@.rr.com (You must enter your complete Email address).
- Password: Your password
- NOTE: If required enter port 110 and set the Secure Server to “off”.
- STEP 5: For the Outgoing Mail Server, fill in:
- Outgoing Mail Server Host: mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com
- User Name: username@.rr.com (Enter your complete Email address).
- Password: Your password
- NOTE: For the port 587 and set Secure Server to off (or without SSL).
- STEP 6: Select Save
- Android Setup:
The RR email login setup on Android device is quite complex however here are the steps that you can perform:
- STEP 1: Firstly, Launch the Email app on your Android phone.
- STEP 2: Put in your Roadrunner email address and then tap Next.
- STEP 3: Select “POP3”, hit on Next, and then put in your Roadrunner Password before hitting Next again.
- STEP 4: Under the Incoming server settings, put in the following details:
- Username: put in your email address
- Password: use your RR email password
- Server: pop-server.maine.rr.com
- Port: 110 (you can decide to use 110)
- Security type: None
- STEP 5: After tapping Next, enter the following details for the Outgoing server setting:
- Server: smtp-server.maine.rr.com
- Port: 587 (It may also support 25 if 587 fails to work)
- Security type: None
- Require sign-in: Check
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (based on location)
- Password: Use your Roadrunner email password.
- STEP 6: Tap Ok and then Other settings
- STEP 7: Select the duration that you want your messages to remain on the phone before it is deleted.
- STEP 8: Now tap Ok and Ok again to submit the setup.
- Roadrunner common Email Problems :
There are very few email services or platform on the internet that doesn’t have any problems. Even though everything is right from you to end there would be a few minute issues that need to be fixed either from your end or by reaching customer support.
- Problem 1: Failure to connect to the mail server
Steps to resolution:
- STEP 1: Check your internet connectivity ( poor internet could result in these issues)
- STEP 2: Check your settings
NOTE: Especially when you are accessing it for the first time on a mobile device. Always make sure there is good internet connectivity and check settings to keep all “OK”.
- Problem 2: Unable to send and receive emails
Sometimes, you might encounter issues with either receiving or sending emails or both sending and receiving.
- STEP 1: Check whether you’re able to send emails from your end like setting, internet connectivity.
NOTE: If everything is fine from your end then it is an issue with Roadrunner’s server.
- STEP 2: Check with different browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera Mini etc.
- STEP 3: Even after trying, still the same issue then please contact the customer service and report the issue.
- Problem 3: Unable to download attachments Roadrunner email
Sometimes you try to download the attachment; however, it won’t download no matter how many times to try to download. This is one of the issues that occur on the forwarded emails with attachments. These issues need to be fixed by the senders’ end. However, one step can be performed to check here:
- STEP 1: Forward the email to the other one and see whether you are able to download by going to the sent box. If it still persists then it may have to contact customer care.
REMINDER: The first way to contact the support is through the spectrum support page ( https ://www. spectrum. net/support/). Customer care number (855) 888-8325
- Roadrunner email troubleshooting for logging in issues:
Please go through the below points to fix out the rr email login issues.
- In case, if you have incorrectly entered the username and password, then it’s natural that you can’t be able to use the email account.
- To fix it, ensure that you enter the right password and username with keeping the case sensitive in mind.
- If you are still facing the issue regarding the password that you entered is wrong, then head on to reset the password again.
NOTE: At the time of resetting, you will be asked to access the secondary email address that you have given for resetting the password and receive the mail.
- This is one of the common issues, and instead of getting tense you should head to fill up the password reset form and then simply follow up the guidelines.
- In case, the email address which is entered is right then head on to the Roadrunner email settings support team to fix out your problems
- If you are getting the message saying your email account has been locked, you can wait for a few moments so that the account will get open directly. However,
- If you are in an urgent situation and perform the steps of logging to account again.
- If you are trying to log in with the email address which is created way long back and haven’t used for certain duration months then the email address would not be active.
- REASON: Any inactive email address would get suspended by the service providers. At this time you may have to contact the email service providers to get it fixed.
- In spite of trying all the above steps, if you still not able to access your account then there could be possibilities of getting hacked. For further clearance and queries, you can reach out to Roadrunner customer service.