Life is not only about quantity, it is about quality and smart Wearables ensure a perfect balance between the two. Generally categorised into two sections—one related to business and the other to personal use, these gadgets are being extensively used today for:
- Making a fashion statement in the form of the android watch,
- Treating people with loss of hearing, speech and voice disorders etc., remotely and otherwise,
- Tracking, synchronising and communicating with other gadgets like mobile phones etc.,
- Monitoring specific health issues like stress management, energy levels, alertness etc., by wearing a fitness band,
- Communication and navigation and also as a media tool etc.
Smart Wearables commonly used
Even though there is ample talk about the best android smartwatch, not many people know that there are other devices which also fall under the smart Wearables category. In fact some of these are quite commonly used in the mainstream like:
- Fitness bands: For people who are health and exercise fanatics, this is the device to possess. They are able to keep a track of all the activities a person does throughout the day and measure their effect on the health of the individual vis-à-vis the amount of calories burnt. This makes for a great fitness tracker wherein any individual who has not been able to meet the daily limits with regards to the calories burnt, can opt for doing the same. But the many choices available for this device make it difficult for the consumer. Hence in order to buy the best fitness tracker available, he needs to have a thorough understanding of what he wants and what he should look for.
- Google Glass: A headset with an ability to churn up all information asked using voice commands and display them in a hands free format made it a very popular futuristic device when it was launched. Unfortunately safety and privacy concerns coupled with a few legal action suits compelled Google to stop production for this device. But they are also in the process of manufacturing something called Google Glass 2 which will be able to address all the concerns raised previously.
- Smartwatch: This is probably one of the most popular smart wearable technologies that are in use today. In fact its ability to successfully blend in utility with fashion makes smart watches in india, a hit among the masses. The choices that are available are also mind-boggling and while these were initially made only by companies manufacturing mobile phones, today globally famous watch manufacturers have also joined the fray so as to capitalise on its popularity.
- Smart fashion: This is a collective term used to describe all smart devices connected to fashion like:
- Smart jewellery,
- Smart clothing,
- Smart shoes etc.
There are innumerable other smart Wearables which are available today like VR headsets, NeuroOn etc. In fact immense advancement in this technology has resulted in these devices becoming smaller in size, sleek in looks and more technical in their use thereby increasing their functionality and utility. So much so that smart Wearables are today being used in many different and diverse fields thereby bringing about an increase in their scope of applicability.