Today, silver is the most widely used precious metal for jewelry making. Most men and women around the world admire jewelry made from this precious metal. And why not, after all, silver embellishments are quite bright, modern, available in a wide range of designs, and also quite affordable. The intrinsic appeal and elegance of these trims speak for themselves.
The silver ornaments that are available in the market today are generally made of five popular types of silver. Jewelry made from a particular type of silver goes by the name of that particular type, for example, jewelry made from pure silver is called pure silver jewelry. So, let’s get to know the five popular types of silver jewelry:
(1) Pure Silver Jewelry – Pure silver is one that is 99.9% pure. It has a very shiny finish, but it is very smooth. The softness of this variety of silver gives it malleability, making it ideal for making handmade silver jewelry, such as earrings, necklaces, bracelets, etc. This particular type has comparatively more intricate patterns than other types of jewelry that are made of this precious metal.
(2) Sterling Silver Jewelry – Sterling Silver is 92.5% pure and relatively hard. This is one of the most popular varieties of silver used to make decorations today. Various types of beautification techniques such as engraving, chasing, filigree, and inlay can be seen in contemporary sterling silver ornaments such as necklaces, chains, rings, earrings, bracelets, bracelets, etc. Each of these and many other ornaments made of this precious particular Metal has a ‘925’ mark as a sign of authentication.
(3) Silver Jewelry – Also called Alpaca Silver is an alloy that has a combination of copper, nickel, and zinc. This jewelry is primarily known for its hardness, durability, and corrosion resistance. These ornaments generally include ornaments that are not worn against the skin. This is because these jewelry items contain nickel that many people are allergic to. Necklaces, earrings and pendants are the main varieties of this particular type of jewelry.
(4) Silver Gemstone Jewelry: It could be any kind of silver ornament, but due to the use of precious stones, it is called silver gemstone jewelry and it forms a separate class. Gemstones add a unique and attractive charm to silver ornaments and multiply their elegance and value. This type can include almost any type of ornament. There are a plethora of gemstones or gems used to make silver gemstone jewelry, of which commonly used gems include ruby, topaz, sapphire, amethyst, emerald, turquoise, and pearl.
(5) Oxidized Silver Jewelry – This type of Custom Jewelry Manufacturer is deliberately oxidized to give it an antique, dark and stark look. Although it may sound a little strange, but the appearance created by the oxidation effect gives an attractive quality to the silver ornaments. These embellishments are admired by many, especially those who like to use new and unconventional designs. The various varieties of this particular kind of jewelry include rings, toe rings, nose pins, bracelets, earrings, and necklaces.