JEE Main 2019 is nearing at a large pace. As the application process is over and admit cards are due for release in the month of December, it is high time for the students to get their preparation on track.
But to start with the preparation, the key requisite is to be well aware of the syllabus of the exam. Here we would be talking about the syllabus of JEE Main 2019 in detail.
HRD minister Mr. Prakash Javadekar has declared the syllabus of JEE Main 2019 has not been changed. The syllabus of JEE Main mainly consists of the course in class XI and XII of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Below is the subject wise syllabus for JEE Main 2019:
Syllabus for Paper 1-
Sets, relations and functions, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Matrices and determinants, Mathematical reasoning, Mathematical induction, Permutations and combinations, Sequences and series, Limit, continuity and differentiability, Integral calculus, Differential equations, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Three-dimensional geometry, Vector algebra, Co-ordinate geometry, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry.
Physics and Measurement, Kinematics, Thermodynamics, Work, energy and power, Rotational motion, Gravitation, Laws of motion, Properties of solids and liquids, Electronic devices, Kinetic theory of gases, Oscillations and waves, Communication systems, Current electricity, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Electromagnetic waves, Optics, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Electrostatics, Atoms and nuclei.
Some basic concepts in chemistry, States of matter, Atomic structure, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox reactions and electrochemistry, Chemical kinetics, Surface chemistry.
Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Hydrocarbons, Chemistry in everyday life, Principles related to practical chemistry, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing oxygen, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Polymers, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, Biomolecules.
Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Hydrogen, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), P Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, d- and f – block elements, Co-ordination compounds, Environmental chemistry, General principles and processes of isolation of metals.
JEE Main 2019: Important Dates
- Application forms were released on September 1, 2018 and last date for applying online was September 30, 2018.
- Last date for fee submission was October 1, 2018. Mode of payment was online as well as offline as per the candidate’s preference.
- Application form correction window was enabled for the candidates who have made errors while filling up the form in any of the fields from Oct 8, 2018 till Oct 14, 2018.
- Admit card for the exam would soon be released on Dec 17, 2018.
- As the exams are scheduled to be conducted twice, exam in Jan would be held from Jan 6 to Jan 20, 2019 and in April would be held from April 6 to April 20, 2019.
- Results are expected to be released in the month in which the exam would be conducted. Thus for January session, result would get declared on Jan 31, 2019 and for April session, on April 30, 2019.