Roku are streaming devices which streams your favorite video content directly on your television using internet. It ends the monthly struggle of asking your cable guy to put up your favorite movie or videos. Roku devices can be configured with your TV, given you have a good internet connection. Since the streaming is done over the internet, its compulsory to have a good router for best experience. Although, these streaming devices have made so much easier for all your video content needs, it does have its fare share of malfunctions issues. We on our Roku Customer Support number receives numerous queries and complaints Among all these one common issue has been regarding the connection problem that people face on a regular basis. In this article I will discuss how to troubleshoot this problem in the following section. So follow the instructions carefully. In case you are looking for some technical assistance from experts, call Roku customer Support phone number for best technical assistance.
How to troubleshoot Roku Connection problem?
First make sure your router is functioning properly without any issue in connectivity to the internet. Open your Roku application on tv and go to the wireless settings. It will have all the nearby wifi devices listed. Select your wifi name and enter the password when asked. If this does not resolve connectivity problem chanes are your router might be facing a DNS conflict issue. Follow these instructions to resolve the issue:
- Connect your computer to your router either via wired ethernet connection or wirelessly over the wifi.
- Open your web browser on your computer.and type in your local IP address in the URL field or address bar at the top.
- If you do not know your IP address, open command line on your computer and enter ipconfig into it. It will list all the networking details of your computer including the IP address, copy it and paste it into URL field to get access to login page of your settings.
- Enter your username and password in their respective fields to get access to your router settings page. In case you do not know your login details, contact ISP.
- Once on the main settings page, click on internet settings. On the main Internet settings page, you will notice different fields for IP address, DNS. Click on DNS.
- Set your DNS1 as 22.214.171.124 and DNS2 as 126.96.36.199. Save the settings and close the window. Now restart your router.
- Try connecting your Roku device to internet now and see if the issue has been resolved.
These are the troubleshooting methods to help you resolve the connectivity problem in your Roku device.In case you did not understand any part or your problem still persist, you need technical assistance. Call our Roku Customer Support phone number at anytime of your need and our experienced Roku technicians will guide you to a solutions instantly. These technicians are high experienced and knows the complete inside out of your Roku device. Our services are available for 24*7 round the clock and 365 days throughout the year. So never get frustrated over your faulty Roku device, contact Roku Tech Support see all your Roku problems vanish away. Our services are renowned for its efficiency and reliability. Our services come with a warranty period too, which lasts anywhere from 1-6 month. If your device starts giving trouble during the said period, our technicians will resolve it free of cost.