Django is a high-level Python Web framework that supports rapid development and clean practical design. A Web framework is a set of elements that give a standard method to develop websites fast and simply. Django’s tutorial primary goal is to ease the creation of complicated database-driven websites.
Some well-known sites that utilize Django include PBS, Instagram, Disqus, Washington Times, Bitbucket and Mozilla. This framework makes it easier for build better web apps quickly and with less code.
What is a Web Framework?
A web framework is a code library that supports you to develop a flexible, scalable, and maintainable; dynamic website, web app, and web services. Various web frameworks are Zend for PHP, Ruby on Rails for Ruby, etc.
Advantages of Django
- ORM support- It gives a bridge between the data model and the database engine and helps a large set of database systems including MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, etc. Django further supports the NoSQL database by Django control fork. As now, the only NoSQL databases supported are MongoDB and google app engine.
- Multilingual support- Django helps multilingual websites by its built-in internationalization system. So you can develop your website, which supports multiple languages.
- Framework support- It has built-in support for Ajax, RSS, caching and various other frameworks.
- Administration GUI- It has gives a nice ready for the use of user interface for administrative activities.
- Development Environment- Django comes with a lightweight web server for facilitating an end to end application development and testings.
Features of Django
- Supports you to define patterns for the URLs in your application
- Easy but strong URL system
- Built-in authentication system
- Object-oriented programming language database which allows best in class data storage and retrieval
- The automatic admin interface feature allows the functionality of adding, editing and deleting items. You can customize the admin panel as per your requirements.
- Cache framework comes with various cache mechanisms.
Testing Django Applications
Testing is vital. The blogs on testing will introduce you for unit and integration testing for your Django applicants. You will also learn about the diffrent packages and libreries available for assistance with writing and running test suites.
Learn how to make RESTFul APIs using the Django Rest frameowork (DRF), an application used for rapidly building RESTFul APIs based on Django models.
Learn Django best practices, recommended workflow, project structure and also how for avoid common pitfalls when building Django projects.
When your app is ready for leave the room and is deployed, the tutorials and articles on deployment will cover the deployment option available for you and how to deploy your site for everyone.
Quick page loads improve the experience of visiting your site. Here you will learn about factors that slow web applications down and how you can boost performance by implementing.
Django is a Python web framework. And like most modern frameworks, Django supports the MVC pattern. First, let’s see what is the MVC pattern, and then we will look at Django’s specificity for the MVT pattern.
Components of Django
Django has a strong form library that manages rendering forms as HTML. The library supports validating submitted data and transforming it into Python types.
This handles user accounts, groups, cookie-based user sessions, etc.
This reads metadata in your models to give a robust interface that can be used to manage content on your site.
Django gives help for translating text into various languages, locale-specific formatting of dates, times, numbers, and timezones.
Django gives safeguard against the following attacks:
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF)
- Cross-site scripting
- SQL injection
- Remote code execution
- Django is a web development framework for Python which allows a standard method for fast and effective website development.
- Django started was by Adian Holovaty and Simon Willison as an internal project at Lawrence Journal-World newspaper in 2003
- Django supports you to document your API with an HTML output
- Django enables you to customize the admin panel as per your needs.
- Django supports you to make each element of its stack independent of the others.
- The main variation between MVC and MVT architectural patterns is that Django itself controls the Controller part.
- Fundamental components of Django’s architecture are
Form, Authentication, Admin, Internationalization, Security
- Bitbucket, DISQUS, Nasa, Pinterest, Instagram, Mozilla, etc. use Django
- The largest drawback of Django is that this can not handle various requests simultaneously.