“We learn from failure, not success!”
Mistakes always provide some of the greatest learning experiences. But how does it feel to make mistakes in the first place? The realm of human resources management entails complex processes and the HR practitioners are expected to streamline the HRMS system or process. To meet certain business needs, the HR leaders often obtain the professional certifications to follow up with the global standard. The human resources team have a wide range of duties to ensure the harmony of the business. But, sometimes even the negligible mistake can really affect the business massively. Here’s how to avoid some of the common mistakes.
- Attention all the HR leaders and professionals- are you smothering the employees with irrelevant guidance? If so, then let’s remind you the fact that such factor can be very costly for the bottom line of the organization. Because this implies lack of confidence in the workforce. The micromanaging behavior can cost you the best talent! This also indicates a poor reflection on the recruitment strategies. The act of micromanaging builds a toxic work culture which creates distrust. Today’s generation is less likely to tolerate micromanagement and they will simply reduce their efforts if it’s still being continued. Finally, the result of micromanagement is low job satisfaction, poor performance, and high turnover.
- Sometimes the HR manager makes fanciful commitments to the potential candidate by telling him or her about the enticing salary package, promotion, or a better growth plan. It can be really tempting to tell such things but the HR manager or professional should refrain themselves from making promises which aren’t always possible to deliver.
- The importance of proper training is huge and HR professionals mustn’t forget that. Sometimes HR professionals or managers tend to take it lightly which should be absolutely avoided. Showing disregard in terms of training and learning requirements will only result in not having a smooth workflow. Training can be an essential investment for the new employees as it helps them fully to immerse into company culture and to develop their skills as well. Adding professional certifications is one of the great ways to add credibility to the department.
- Hasty hires are always going to cost a lot to the organization. The HR team is always busy with a huge workload and it can get difficult to meet the hiring needs. But to fill the position in a hurry can become a fatal mistake. Impatience in recruitment is one of the most common mistakes that the HR team can make and it can often lead to hiring the wrong person for the team. Hiring the right people for the right role needs the investment of enough time and patience.
- The HR must have a great relationship with the employees but it is advised to keep it limited within a professional boundary. As a matter of fact, obtaining the professional certifications helps in having an increased level of respect. Otherwise, they can lose their authority or credibility for socializing too much with the employee. It is the utmost responsibility of the HR to keep a right balance at the workplace so that there’s a fine line.
Avoiding these mistakes can help a lot to get through complexities in the workplace. The experienced and sensible HR builds an atmosphere where it’s OK to be yourself.