Small and medium-sized biotechnology companies do not have the financial resources of their large pharmaceutical companies. That means they should be smarter in the way they spend. Large companies have deeper pockets for their projects, while new biotech and mid-sized companies must find investors if they do not have a sufficient budget and development research. Thus, due to budget constraints, small and medium-sized biotechnology companies must find innovative ways to use their limited resources to develop their activities. And to make it happen, the most effective way is to ensure that the company they set up is a great long-term partner. When looking for IT security companies and IT consulting companies to hire, biotech companies should look for five key signs.
We believe that successful IT security and consulting companies should have five attributes:
- They must understand the biotechnology industry and the specific needs that may arise, such as regulatory requirements, need for clinical trials, GMP standards, HIPAA (in some cases), FDA compliance, ISO certification, trade secret protection, a supplier with laboratory equipment, etc.
- They must have cutting-edge education and many years of experience in the industry (more than 10, that’s a sufficient number). These IT companies should be able to work with C-level executives and with line managers to know the first line of needs and needs of high growth companies.
- They must be responsive and agile. In the biotechnology industry, innovation is the key, and faster access to the market means faster access to profitability, reducing the need for additional funding. In other words, quick response equals time and money saved.
- They must work carefully and strategically with the company. Each biotechnology company has two distinct needs: management and research. Technicians should be able to keep computers working for management purposes, but they should also be technically sufficient to take advantage of their technology expertise to enable their customers to increase productivity, reduce their costs and to access the market faster.
- An IT security company that considers the interests of its customers will continuously reduce expenses. Based on years of professional experience, IT company will have several ways to reduce or eliminate the additional costs of equipment, work or time spent on its customers. Thus, when selecting an IT provider, the customer can save costs.